Hi everyone! I am excited to be part of The Seed Experience. I will start by sharing my story so you get an idea of how I cam to be here! It all started when I was born to a mother who is a gardener and a father who is a chef! I naturally got – well natural genes haha! I was born in Perth Australia and then moved to a small town called Alice Springs in outback Australia when I was 3 years old. From the time I was 5 years old and started going to school, I learned about the concept of nature. At school we were taken on excursions with the aboriginal people who taught us how to survive from nature and focus on what earth provides us with – naturally.
I was typically a healthy kid and teenager, I ate junk food whenever mum would let me as I was really curious about it. When I was 17 I left for Brisbane City to pursue a career in acting and modeling since I won the Charles Darwin University award for The Arts and felt like this was the most exciting path for me. I got a high rise apartment and started to indulge in junk food – every single day! I was in junk food heaven because I had no mum around telling me I couldn’t have it! I enjoyed the tastes of the junk food, but not how I felt after. I suffered severe bloating, mood swings and just wanted to eat more and more and more junk food – I could never get enough. Deep down I felt guilty, I knew I was eating way too much junk food! I tried to stop and I couldn’t. I kept telling myself I will start again next week and be healthy and never eat junk food again! Ha yeah right! I was addicted and stuck in a vicious cycle. This happened everyday for 5 years and then BANG I had the wake up call of my life – one day a lump popped in my throat. Ouch it hurt – I thought it was just a swollen gland. I went to my natural doctor who said you need to get to the hospital asap, so I went and had a biopsy – ouch. Results came back, doctors told me I had a pre-cancerous tumor the size of a golf ball in my lymphatic system. Options were to do surgery or radiation, or vacciantions. What the?! I knew I had to get out of this conventional madness and change my life once and for all! So I used this as my last warning, I had literally hit rock bottom with my health.
I moved out to be closer to nature, and on the ground floor and I did several natural alternatives (which I write about in my new book) to assist my healing. I also put so much nutrition into my body so that I could really restore my cells. All of the recipes I am talking about today I used for my healing! In 3 months the tumor was gone and I was healthy enough to go to California for a film job I got! So since my transformation I have dedicated my life to sharing this story, and helping others, I do not want anyone to suffer like I did, and as long as we can get nutrition from our foods then we have our health covered! Many of my favorite recipes taste like ‘junk food’ but are plant based and loaded wit nutrition like the cookie dough balls, raw chocolate and cashew cheesecake! So since I healed, and I am continuously healing everyday, I have been traveling the world – 33 countries so far – and teach cooking classes, give lectures and presentations.
I also offer Health Coaching, I only take on 5 clients per month because I am busy with the book launch. At the end of this presentation I will introduce you to the Earth Diet Health Coaches. You will be able to book all of them for a complimentary 15 minute Health Counseling Session! I wish I had a health coach all those years ago so that I had someone to guide me, I could have avoided hitting rock bottom with my health which is what I hope for all of you.
ABOUT MY NEW BOOK
Published by Hay HouseBeauty queen Miss Earth Australia Liana Werner-Gray got a wake-up call at the age of 21, when she was diagnosed with a precancerous tumor in her throat. Realizing that health issues were holding her back, including in her entertainment career, she decided to change her lifestyle. Through juicing and using the whole-food recipes shared in this book, Liana healed herself in only three months.This success inspired Liana to create the Earth Diet and make information on the incredible power of plant-based and natural food available to others. She has since used her recipes to help thousands of people with cancer, diabetes, acne, addictions, obesity, and more.When you get the essential vitamins, minerals, and micronutrients your body needs, you can’t help but feel better. In this book, you’ll find more than 100 nutrient-dense recipes that provide proper nutrition, tips for shifting out of toxic habits, and lifestyle recipes for household and personal-care products to help you heal in all areas of your life.
The Earth Diet is inclusive, with recipes for every person, ranging from raw vegans to meat eaters. It also features specific guidelines for weight loss, boosting the immune system, increasing your energy, juice cleansing, and more. If you’re looking for great-tasting recipes to help you live your healthiest life ever, then this book is for you.
FREE GIFT Download The Top 10 Plant Based Recipes!
TOP 10 MOST POPULAR PLANT-BASED RECIPES OF OUR TIME
1. Green Juice
- Is medicine for our cells!
- It boosts our immune system immediately.
- Most of us have been lacking greens for too long!
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 green apple
- 3 celery stalks
- 1 lemon with rind
- a handful of kale
- a handful of spinach
- a handful of parsley
2. Lemon Water
- Detoxifies the body
- Simple and inexpensive
- Helps release excess weight
- Squeeze 1 lemon into a glass of water
3. Raw Chocolate
- Raw Cacao is one of the most powerful superfoods packed with many essential vitamins and minerals!
- Packed with antioxidants
- Mood enhancing!
- 3/4 cup of cacao butter (96g)
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of cacao powder
- 1/2 cup almond meal (or hemp seeds ground to a meal)
- Melt the cacao butter either in the sun or very low on the stove.
- Add the melted cacao butter, cacao powder & honey to a bowl & stir well so it all blends in together.
- Add the almond meal and stir well. It should be smooth.
- Set it in chocolate molds or a baking dish and let it set in the freezer or fridge until hard!
4. Cashew Cheesecake
- Tastes amazing!
- Loaded with nutrition!
- Clean alternative to dairy cheesecake!
For the base:
- 4 cups almond meal
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup (or raw honey)
For the cheesecake filling:
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (approx 2 large lemons)
- 3 cups cashews, soaked in water for 3 hours
- 3/4 cup maple syrup (or raw honey)
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Total time: 3 hours to soak nuts, 25 minutes preparation, 4 hours freezing
Serves: 16 slices
- Make the base. In a bowl, combine the almond meal and maple syrup. The mixture should be dry, but moist enough to hold together. Turn the base mixture into a deep pie dish (2 1/2 quarts) and press evenly to cover the bottom and sides of dish. Set aside.
- Make the cheesecake filling, put all the ingredients in a powerful blender and blend filling is very smooth and light in texture. There should be no chunks at all. Pour the filling into prepared crust.
- Freeze for 4 hours. Once set, cut into slices and serve.
Tip: Make mini cheesecakes too!
5. Almond Milk
- Healthy dairy free alternative to milk, which helps weight loss!
- Brain food made in less than 5 minutes.
- High in protein, vitamin E, magnesium, potassium, folic acid, zinc, selenium, copper, biotin, riboflavin, niacin, iron and many good fats
- 1 cup of raw almonds
- 4 cups of water
- 3 pitted dates
- In a powerful blender like the VITAMIX blend all ingredients for four minutes or until smooth and crisp, light and creamy.
- Ready to drink!
- Add 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract and a pinch of salt for Vanilla Almond Milk
- Add 2 cups of strawberries and more dates for a sweet Strawberry Milk!
- Add 4 teaspoons of cacao powder and 3 more dates for a sweet Chocolate Milk!
- Add chilled water or ice for a cooler milk!
6. Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- Strangely delicious!
- Healthy fats and omega 3
- Indulgent yet nutritious!
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons of cacao
- 2 tablespoons of honey or maple syrup
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor and make it smooth and creamy OR mash the avocado with a fork in a bowl
- Add cacao and honey. Taste it, add more cacao if you want it more chocolate and more honey if you want it sweeter!
7. Plant Based Ice Cream
- Healthy alternative to dairy ice cream!
- Aids in weight loss
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- 1 cup of cashews (or hemp seeds if nut allergies)
- 2/3 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla or 1 vanilla bean
- 4 tablespoons of honey
- In a powerful food processor or ice cream maker blend all ingredients until as creamy and frothy as you can make it!
- Pour the mixture into a container and set the ice cream in the freezer overnight or until frozen.
- Serve with fresh fruit, nuts and/or chocolate sauce!
8. Cookie Dough
- Easy to prepare!
- Good source of phytochemicals, antioxidants, and protein
- Great for weight loss and healthy skin!
- 2/3 cups of rolled oats (gluten free)
- 2/3 cups of cashews
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean
- 2 teaspoons of honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon of Himalayan salt
- 2 tablespoons of cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons of cacao nibs (will be the ‘chocolate chips’)
- Blend the cashews and oats in a food processor so it makes a ‘flour meal’ consistency.
- In a bowl add this blend, along with the vanilla, salt and honey and stir. Once all mixed add the cacao nibs and stir!
- Taste and add water if needed, or more honey if you like it sweeter. It should be a cookie dough consistency.
- Roll the mixture into balls.
- On a plate roll the balls in cacao powder.
- Eat and enjoy! Keep in fridge.
- High protein!
- Good brain and workout food!
- 2 cups berries (strawberries, raspberries and blueberries)
- 1 cup water (or almond milk for more protein)
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder (add more if you like)
- 1 tablespoon raw honey (or maple syrup or dates – or none if you think it is sweet enough!)
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender like the VITAMIX and mix until smooth! Drink!
Total time: 10 minutes
10. Kale Salad
- Made under 15 minutes!
- Mostly raw – living nutrients!
- Helps to activate detoxifying enzymes in the liver
- One bunch of Kale
- One Avocado
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons of Flax Oil
- 3 Tablespoons of Liquid Aminos (or Coconut “Soy Sauce” or 1 teaspoon of himalayan salt)
- 4 Tablespoons of Nutritional Yeast
- 4 Tablespoons of Sunflower Seeds
- Tear the kale off from it’s stem and place in a large bowl. Tear the kale into small pieces.
- Massage the avocado into the kale.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir! And it is ready!
Total making time: 15 minutes
Serves: 3 people
BONUS #11. Coconut Water & Milk
- Great for the skin and hair!
- Helps digestion.
- Assist the body in releasing excess weight!
- 1 coconut
- Poke a hole in the coconut and drain the liquid into a cup!
- Enjoy the coconut water!
- 1 coconut
- Bust a hole open in the coconut and drain the liquid into a cup!
- Crack the coconut completely open and scrape out the white coconut pulp flesh
- Add the coconut flesh and water into a blender and process together until a smooth creamy coconut milk!
Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla bean extract
BONUS #12. Brown Rice Pasta Dishes
- luten free alternative to wheat or white pasta
- High in protein
- Filling and satisfying
- 2 cup brown rice pasta (dry)
- 3.5 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon himalayan salt or celtic sea salt
Tip: Add 1 teaspoon of Thyme for my flavor
- In a pot add the brown rice pasta and water. Bring to the boil. Then stir and reduce heat to medium/low. Keep stirring until cooked and pasta is soft. (approx 10-20 mins) The pasta will soak up the water enough so it leaves a creamy consistency in the pot. The idea is to reduce the water so no draining at the end is needed. It should be a creamy consistency in the end, not watery at all. This is the creamy base for the ‘mac n cheese’.
Total time: 20 minutes
Serves: 3 bowls
THE BENEFITS OF HIRING YOUR OWN HEALTH COACH!
I am so excited to introduce you to 4 of the New York Based Earth Diet Health Coaches! They are all people who are so passionate about helping others get healthy – it’s what we live, breathe and eat! They are all trained in alternative natural methods and focus on plant based recipes as mentioned above. When you hire them you do an interview and discuss your current health state, and then your health goals, and they will access the encyclopedia of plant based recipes, tips and tools to help you achieve your goals! They are all also available for a complimentary 15 minute Health Counseling session which you can sign up below.
Meet Jessie Jean
Based: Long Island, New York
- Gluten Free
- Raw food
- Helping people with weight loss
- Helping people heal from depression
- Meditation and yoga techniques
- Chakra healing
- Natural beauty and hair care
- Holistic Nanny Childcare
- Received a nutrition certification at The Body Mind Institute
- Studies at IIN
- Raw nutrition certification with David Wolfe
- Trained in Panchakarma at Ayurveda Health Spa
- Traveled with a non-profit called Eden’s Rose Foundation
- Worked w/ many mentors including Robert Ross of Raw Food Life
- Worked closely with Liana Werner-Gray-June 2013 on-wards
- Gaia herb apprenticeship certification
- Associates degree form Nassau Community College
- Cosmetologist license and knowledge on natural beauty care
- Nishpatti yoga teacher training
Meet Jennifer Russo
Based: Long Island, New York
Specializes in: Maintaining a consistently healthy lifestyle, Personal Training, being a healthy mother, bloating, skin issues, being youthful, transitioning from a junk food lifestyle.
- Certified Personal Trainer (East Coast Instructor Training School)
- Currently studying nutrition at IIN
- Personal experience
Meet Eleni Simos
Based: Long Island, New York
Specializes in: acne, bloating, candida, overweight, no haters, modern eating, body confidence.
- Currently studying nutrition at IIN
- Own personal experience reversing own eczema
Meet Amanda Childers
Specializes in: Self-love, taking back your power, taking control of the foods you eat, transformation, healing, breathing, changing habits, changing thought patterns, addiction, depression, guilt, overweight.
- IIN Graduate
- Certified AADP
- Own personal experience
- Working with ladies in their twenties